- First-Year Noma Nation Orientation and Welcome Week will be in-person August 16-19, 2023.
- Beginning late June and through the end of July, one on one advising appointments will be held virtually with faculty department chairs and professional advisors for course registration!
- Students are required to complete both the advising and registration section, as well the entirety of Welcome Week's itinerary in order to satisfy their orientation requirements.
- If you are a residential student (living on campus), your move-in day will be on Tuesday, August 15th, 2023.
Students will register for classes when they meet for their one on one virtual advising appointment. Our SSU Noma Nation Orientation Welcome Week is in-person. During this time, you will meet faculty and staff from across campus as they introduce their departments to you. You will also have the chance to meet other students, student organizations, and support services that are ready to welcome you, our new Seawolves!!
Our goal with First-Year Noma Nation Orientation is to help see you through your first semester successfully and ensure that a great semester turns into a great year! We can't wait to meet our newest Seawolf members!
Here's why you must attend:
- Learning about your GE (general education), major, and graduation requirements
- Engage in essential academic planning and course registration assistance
- Learn to use SSU's registration system and other my.SSU services
- Meet with assistant deans, advisers, and trained student leaders
- Learn what it means to be a responsible member of the SSU community
- Embrace SSU's values, the Seawolf Commitment and how we prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Start making SSU your new home by meeting new friends
Students needing disability-related accommodations during orientation and/or during the academic year should contact Disability Services for Students (DSS).
Notice: Students who are admitted into EOP will attend the Summer Bridge Orientation Program. More information will come to those who have been admitted into the program.