A Brief Overview
- First-Year Noma Nation Orientation will be offered in-person for the Spring 2022 semester.
- First-Year Noma Nation Orientation will be held on January 14th.
- First-Year Noma Nation Orientation will have different components to help your transition into Sonoma State:
- An interactive workshop day with live speakers fom different campus departments, the chance to meet other students, student organizations, and advising and registration.
- Students are required to complete the entire workshop series in order to satisfy their orientation requirements.
- The hours listed are times between which live sessions will be hosted where you can speak to campus partners.
First-Year Noma Nation Orientation is a mandatory program for all new first-year students and will be held before the start of your first semester at Sonoma State University. First-Year Noma Nation Orientation is designed to help new students get off to the right start by learning about academic requirements, meeting with professional academic advisors, and learning about campus programs and services. Students cannot register for classes until they complete their orientation requirements.
Our goal with First-Year Noma Nation Orientation is to help see you through your first semester successfully, and ensure that a great semester turns into a great year! We can't wait to meet our newest Seawolf members!
If you have a special accommodation that we should be aware of, please contact the Orientation office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reminder: Students who are admitted into EOP will attend a separate orientation session.
What topics are covered at First-Year NOMA Nation Orientation?
First-Year Noma Nation Orientation modules will consist of two parts: hearing from the relavant campus partners, like housing and financial aid, but also academic advising and registration!
Students will begin with a welcome to the university by the coordinator of Orientation and Family Programs and the different representatives of the university. Students will have the opportunity to meet with trained student leaders to help assisnt them during the day, as well as other students who will also be attending Sonoma State University. As students complete their orientation sessions, they will learn about different schools and their academic requirements, meet with faculty major advisors, and learn about campus programs and services.
Reminder: First-Time First-Year NOMA Nation Orientation Begins January 14, 2022.