A Brief Overview
- First-Year NOMA Nation Orientation will be offered virtually for the Fall 2021 semester.
- First-Year NOMA Nation Orientation will have three (3) components to help your transition into Sonoma State:
- An interactive online program with videos and quizzes, live Zoom presentations, and enrollment into a "course" which will host all of the necessary information.
- Students are required to complete the entire workshop series in order to satisfy their orientation requirements. There will be multiple options with different start dates to choose from.
- First-Year NOMA Nation Orientation will begin on July 6th and continue through the start of instruction.
- You can complete a majority of the workshop at your own pace.
- The hours listed are times between which live sessions will be hosted where you can speak to campus partners. You are not required to be online the entirety of those hours, or complete the online workshop during those hours.
First-Year NOMA Nation Orientation is a mandatory program for all new first-year students and will be held before the start of your first semester at Sonoma State University. First-Year NOMA Nation Orientation is designed to help new students get off to the right start by learning about academic requirements, meeting with professional academic advisors, and learning about campus programs and services. Students cannot register for classes until they complete their orientation requirements.
Our goal with First-Year NOMA Nation Orientation is to help see you through your first semester successfully, and ensure that a great semester turns into a great year! We can't wait to meet our newest Seawolf members!
If you have a special accommodation that we should be aware of, please contact the Orientation office at (707) 664-4464 or email@example.com.
Reminder: Students who are admitted into EOP will attend a separate orientation session.
What topics are covered at First-Year NOMA Nation Orientation?
First-Year NOMA Nation Orientation modules will consist of two parts: a self-paced online program and virtual visits with members of our campus community.
Students will begin with a welcome to the university by the coordinator of Orientation and Family Programs and the president of the university. Students will have the opportunity to virtually meet with trained orientation leaders as well as other students who will also be attending Sonoma State University. As students complete their orientation modules, they will learn about different schools and their academic requirements, meet with faculty major advisors, and learn about campus programs and services.
Reminder: First-Time First-Year NOMA Nation Orientation Begins July 6, 2021.